The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) has partnered with LA Wallet to offer digital hunting and fishing licenses to citizens of Louisiana. Starting today, October 18, 2021, citizens with a Louisiana driver’s license or state ID can use LA Wallet to view their purchased LDWF licenses on their smartphones.
Licenses can be purchased on the LDWF website from an authorized reseller or at LDWF headquarters in Baton Rouge. The LA Wallet application is free for the public (download from Google Play / Apple Store).
To connect your LDWF licenses to LA Wallet:
- Tap the LDWF license credentials displayed on the home page.
- Read the disclaimer and then tap the yellow Connect LDWF Account button at the bottom.
- Once your LDWF account is found, press Yes to add your licenses.
Your LDWF account information will appear at the top of the screen, along with your hunter education number and federal duck stamps, if found. To view your individual licenses, tap the category to expand the licenses in that category. You will only see the categories for which you are licensed. Expired licenses will display for 30 days in LA Wallet.
LDWF has developed a video demonstration to walk through the steps above or use the instructions printed here.
As always, official hunting and fishing permits can still be carried in several other ways:
- Email – If an email address is available in our system and a license is purchased, a digital version of that license will be sent by email.
- Image – A person can also take a photo of their license and store that photo on their phone.
- Paper – We recommend that you fold the license and store it in a zippered bag or laminate the paper print between two pieces of packing tape.
LA Wallet is a legal and free digital version of a citizen’s driver’s license, LA Wallet may also hold the official digital version of a citizen’s COVID-19 vaccination status registered with the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH ), and now, your official Louisiana hunting and fishing license on file with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Eligible users can renew their driver’s license or request a duplicate driver’s license from the app for a fee.