At least 11 Lancaster County school districts reported an increase in COVID-19 cases this week. At least two school districts have reported declines, while at least one has remained the same.
This week, which followed a short Thanksgiving week, the largest increases in cases were reported in Lancaster School District (32 to 64), the Elizabethtown area (1 to 19) and Manheim Township (14 to 28).
School districts in the Ephrata (12 to eight) and Lampeter-Strasburg (10 to four) region had the only declines.
Here is the number of COVID-19 cases reported by Lancaster County school districts this week, as of 3:30 p.m. Friday, with the total number of registrations for each district in parentheses.
(Districts report cases in a variety of ways. School district data without an asterisk reflects the total number of cases reported that week; data for school districts beginning with an asterisk reflects the total number of cases reported in the last 14 days; and data for school districts beginning with two asterisks reflects current active cases.)
– * Cocalico (2 931): ten (five at Adamstown Elementary School, three at Denver Elementary School, and two at Cocalico Middle School).
Last week: five.
– Borough of Columbia (1,262): N / A.
Last week: zero.
– ** Conestoga Valley (4,013): 15 (eight at Conestoga Valley High School, three at Brownstown Elementary School, two at Fritz Elementary School, and one at Huesken Middle School and Leola Elementary School).
Last week: 13.
– ** Donegal (2,818): 10 (four at Donegal Middle School, three at Donegal Primary School, two at Donegal Secondary School and one at Donegal Middle School).
Last week: N / A.
– ** East Lancaster County (2,768): 16 (eight at Blue Ball Elementary School, five at Garden Spot High Campus, two at New Holland Elementary School and one at Brecknock Elementary School).
Last week: N / A.
– Elizabethtown area (3,691): 19 (eight at Elizabethtown Area Middle School, five at Elizabethtown Area High School, three at Bear Creek School, two at East High Elementary School, and one at Rheems Elementary School).
Last week: a.
– Ephrata area (4,130): Eight (three at Ephrata Middle School; two at Ephrata High School; and one at Clay Elementary School, Fulton Elementary School, and Highland Elementary School).
Last week: 12.
– Hempfield (6 818): 37 (16 at Hempfield High School; five at Rohrerstown Elementary School; four each at Farmdale Elementary School and Landisville Elementary Center; and two each at Centerville Middle School, East Petersburg Elementary, in Landisville Intermediate Center and Mountville Elementary School).
Last week: 30.
– ** Lampeter-Strasbourg (2,828): four (two at Hans Herr Primary School and one at Lampeter Primary School and Martin Meylin Middle School).
Last week: 10.
– ** Lancaster (10 384): 64 (16 at McCaskey Campus; seven at Jackson Middle School; six at Price Elementary; four at Ross Elementary and Smith-Wade-El Elementary; three at Carter & MacRae Elementary School , at Fulton Elementary School, King Elementary School, Lafayette Elementary School, Lincoln Middle School, and Wheatland Middle School; two each at Martin School, Washington Elementary School and School Wharton Elementary; and one each at Hamilton Elementary School, Reynolds Middle School and Wickersham Elementary School).
Last week: 32.
– ** Manheim Central (2 910): 11 (five at Doe Run Elementary School, three at Manheim Central Middle School, two at Manheim Central High School, and one at Baron Elementary School).
Last week: 11.
– Canton of Manheim (5,865): 28 (12 at Manheim Township High School, five at Bucher Elementary School, four at Nitrauer Elementary School, three each at Manheim Township Middle School and Reidenbaugh Elementary School, and one at Landis Run Intermediate School).
Last week: 14.
– Octorara zone (2 118): 20 (six at Octorara Primary Learning Center, five at Octorara Primary School and Octorara Junior / Senior High School, and four at Octorara Middle School).
Last week: 13.
– Penn Manor (5,378): 12 (four at Conestoga Elementary School; two at Manor Middle School and Martic Elementary School; and one at Central Manor Elementary School, Hambright Elementary School, Letort Elementary School and the ‘Penn Manor High School).
Last week: Six.
– Pequea Valley (1,467): new (four at Paradise Elementary School and Salisbury Elementary School, and one at Pequea Valley High School).
Last week: two.
– ** Solanco (3 182): 27 (five each at Providence Elementary School and Solanco High School; four each at Clermont Elementary School and Quarryville Elementary School; and three each at Bart-Colerain Elementary School, Middle School Smith and Swift Middle School).
Last week: 16.
– ** Warwick (3,835): 24 (eight at Warwick High School, seven at John Beck Elementary School, five at Warwick Middle School and two each at Bonfield Elementary School and Kissel Hill Elementary School).
Last week: 16.