Bungalow Old Goa: Government must follow procedure to avoid legal entanglement, says Lobo | Goa News


Calangute: The state government must make an informed decision in accordance with the law regarding the withdrawal of permits granted for the construction of the controversial bungalow in the heritage area of ​​Old Goa, the Minister of Ports and MP for Calangute said on Saturday on Saturday, Michael Lobo.
Following the launch of an unrest against the controversial bungalow, Lobo said on Wednesday he would meet with the chief minister to urge him to withdraw the Planning Department’s permission given for its construction, warning the government that the The commotion would intensify if this was not done.
“I have not yet met the chief minister, but I have spoken to the president of the state BJP,” the minister told reporters on Saturday. “The party chairman said he had already spoken to the TCP department and that all necessary steps will be taken by due process,” Lobo said.
“There is a procedure. You can’t just revoke the authorization. If this is done, the court will stay the order. There is a procedure: site inspection, showcause, personal hearing and withdrawal, ”he said.
“To our knowledge, the authorizations were granted in 2016 and the actual construction started in 2020. A license was granted for the repair and reconstruction. We have to see if there is a violation of the given NOC, ”he said.
“I think the TCP department will follow proper procedure and ensure that all granted permissions are revoked. I’ll see that we push this case to the end. We will fight tooth and nail if necessary, ”he said, adding that he would meet with the Chief Minister shortly.


Source link

Previous "I can not relive this": the chefs resign following the "brutal" inspections by Ofsted | Ofsted
Next Libya Joint Education Needs Assessment: Report, December 2019 - Libya