1. Around 540,000 Singaporeans between the ages of 7 and 20 this year will each receive a one-time top-up of $200 to their Edusave Account or Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) in May this year.
2. This supplement is part of the household support program announced in the 2022 budget to provide families with additional support for the expenses related to the education of their children, and is in addition to the annual Edusave contribution that the government pays.
3. Funds from the Edusave account and the PSEA can be used to pay for approved fees and enrichment programs.
4. The recharge will be credited directly to the recipients’ Edusave or PSEA account by the end of May 2022. No action is required from the recipients. Parents of eligible recipients will receive email notifications through their SingPass app, notifying them of a successful top-up by the end of May 2022. Parents without the SingPass app will be notified via text message.
More information on the Edusave account and the PSEA
5. More information on the Edusave account and the PSEA can be found at www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/edusave-account and www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/psea respectively. For questions regarding Edusave and PSEA account balances, please contact 6260 0777.
6. More information on the household support program announced in Budget 2022 is available at go.gov.sg/b2022householdsupport.
7. For other inquiries, please submit them to our virtual assistant “Ask MOE” or refer to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) at https://www.moe.gov.sg.